How to make a delicious Poke Bowl? It looks easy and thank god it is!
I’m not that good of a cook and I decided I wanted to start eating a little bit healthier after the summer holidays because, like a lot of people, I wouldn’t mind loosing some weight again. Luckily for me my boyfriend really supports me in this progress so he wanted to cook healthy with me and we made a delicious Poke Bowl. I think some of you might find this recipe interesting so I will put it down below for you guys so everybody can try this really easy recipe!
- 300 g salmon fillet
- 250 g rice
- 120 ml rice vinegar
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 200 g carrots
- 3 spring onions
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 red pepper
- Black sesame seed
- 200 g soybeans
- 125 g seaweed salad
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package. Stir 2 / 3rd of the rice vinegar through the rice when it’s still warm. Allow the rice to cool down for 1 hour on a large flat dish.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into cubes of 1 cm (brunoise). Cut the stalk of the red pepper, remove the seeds and cut the flesh finely. Mix the salmon together with the soy sauce and oil. Put the salmon covered in the refrigerator until use.
- Scrape the cucumber and the carrot with a cheese slicer or peeler into long strips. Drizzle with the rest of the rice vinegar. Cut the spring onion into slanted rings. Cut the avocados halfway in half and remove the kernel. Scoop out the flesh and cut into slices.
- Divide the rice over 4 bowls (I did five because we made a little bit to much). Spread the cucumber ribbons, carrot ribbons, salmon cubes, spring onions and avocado over the bowls. Sprinkle the salmon with the sesame seed.
- If you want, you can add the additional ingredients on top of your bowl as well. Trust me it’s delicious !
Let me know down below if you’ve tried my recipe and if you liked it or not! You can always adjust the recipe however you like. You can make it with tuna instead of salmon or add some other ingredients.
Lots of love